What’s In the Pantry Dinner
Ever have those nights where you get home from work late and haven’t even thought about dinner? Tonight was one of those nights for me. I got home from work late, the hubby was grumbly hungry and I hadn’t planned out any sort of dinner. I opened the pantry and pieced together this chili. It was delicious! Even my husband thought this chili was better than my original version. Here’s the recipe I made and check back often for my What’s In the Pantry dinner ideas.
Two Bean Spicy Turkey Chili
1 Can of Tomato Sauce
1 Can Red Kidney Beans
1 Can White Kidney Beans
¼ Cup of Red Wine
¼ Cup of beef broth (I used beef bone broth, check back for a dedicated post on why I love bone broths!)
2 small jalapenos sliced – omit or remove seeds if you don’t want the chili spicy
1 medium onion chopped
1 small green pepper chopped
1lb ground turkey
1 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon paprika
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper – omit if you don’t want the chili spicy
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ tablespoon garlic powder
Shredded cheese for topping the chili– omit for dairy free
- Brown the turkey in a medium sized skillet
- While the turkey is browning, prep your veggies, drain and rinse your beans and get out your stock or crock pot (I almost always use a crock pot)
- Add ingredients (tomato sauce, red and white kidney beans, red wine, beef broth, jalapenos, onion, green pepper, browned ground turkey, chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, sea salt, garlic powder) to the stock or crock pot and mix together. Save the shredded cheese for the end.
- Cook on high for 1 hour and a half or until all veggies are soft.
- If you are using a stock pot, bring to boil, cover and let simmer for an hour and a half, stirring occasionally, until all veggies are soft and desired thickness is reached
- Serve topped with a little shredded cheese and enjoy!
Chili is just about one of the easiest and most forgiving meals out there. Beef broth helps give a meaty flavor to turkey chili and it’s a little “secret” I use often. If you feel like your chili doesn’t come out with enough flavor, add a little more chili powder or let it cook longer. Chili is one of my favorite meals to make because it is a great left over. This recipe can serve up to 6 people.